Friday, October 4, 2013

Minnesota Twins 2013 Season Recap

I've been dreading writing this blog post all week. The season recap. The final touches on Twins baseball for the season. Baseball season is over, and so is my life. I mean, I'm kind of kidding, but you know how much I love my Twinkies! Keep reading for my take on the Twins 2013 season.

The Twins started the 2013 season on April 1, with a game against the Detroit Tigers (losing Opening Day 2-4). Of course they did. And then the Twins went to ended their season with a 5-1 loss against the Cleveland Indians. I mean, at least it was a beautiful day?

And the Twins finished their season with a 66-96 record. I honestly think this looks better than it was. I don't remember going to one game this summer where the Twins won. They finished 4th in the American League Central standings ahead of the Chicago White Sox, which helped them to avoid the last position for the first time since 2010.

The team continued to struggle with offense and bullpen rotation, despite the off-season acquisitions of veterans Vance Worley, Mike Pelfrey and Kevin Correia.

The worst part of this season was that my man, Joe Mauer, was hurt at the end of the season and my other main man, Justin Morneau was traded before the end of the season. It seemed like fans didn't want to go to Twins games to watch the team loose without any of their star players.

I still love my Twins! I know we're in for some changes and next season will be different!


AAAA8040 Joe Mauer.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment