Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Baker Performs Well in Win


I wasn't super happy to see the Twins lose to the Red Sox on Monday. I know, its spring training and these games are indicative of the season, but I'm a sore loser.

Yesterday, however, the Twins beat the Rays 3-2. That game is indicative of the season. I play by my own rules.

Scott Baker pitched two hitless innings in his spring debut. Baker went 8-6 with a 3.14 ERA for the Twins before a season-ending injury to his elbow. That being said, Baker had a great outing.

I'm sure Twins fans everywhere appreciate his good health. At least we have one player not contemplating retirement should his injuries persist. Ahem.

Casilla also performed well. He had two hits for the Twinkies, bringing his spring batting average up to .556.

The Rays are winless in their four exhibition games, three of the losses are against Minnesota. Boom, baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment