Friday, March 12, 2010

Joe Nathan injured, and Minnesota Twins Roster is in question

Joe Nathan















The Minnesota Twins were dealt a tough blow this week. All Star Joe Nathan was diagnosed with torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow. Nathan found out he had bone chips in his elbow last season which were removed in the off-season. In Saturday's Spring Training Game Nathan's elbow tightened up revealing bigger problems.

No official decision has been made about Nathan's future this season, though the powers that be are hopeful that he pulls through because as they see it, Nathan is "irreplaceable".

"I'm going to do whatever I can right now,'' Nathan said in a press conference, "to give myself the best chance to go out there and help this team out. But at the same time, I'm not going let this go on too long. I know these guys have a decision to make, and they've got to prepare for the season, too."

No comments:

Post a Comment