Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Minnesota Twins All Star: Michael Cuddyer


Michael Cuddyer was named to his first All Star team recently. I can honestly say I'm really happy for they guy. He's having a career year. He's leading the team with a .298 batting average, 13 home runs, 93 hits, and a .369 on base percentage. He was clearly the most deserving position player that the Twins had to be named to the All Star team. He's in the midst of his 10th Major League season, all with the Twins, and he has been rock solid the past five seasons, outside of 2008 when he played in only 49 games.

I'm happy for Cuddy. This is going to be a great moment for him and his family and the Twins organization. I love Cuddyer, but I would much rather see Morneau or Mauer out there. Even though they aren't having the best seasons, I like seeing the traditional Twins out there that everyone else knows. Barely anyone even knows who Cuddyer is. I'll have my thoughts on the All Star game in my next blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment